Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni/Kai/Rei
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edwin Taylor Pollock

Go down

Edwin Taylor Pollock Empty Edwin Taylor Pollock

Post by chickengold92 Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:28 am

Edwin Taylor Pollock (October 25, 1870 – June 6, 1943) was a career officer in the United States Navy, serving in both the Spanish-American War and World War I. He was subsequently promoted to the rank of Captain. Like many naval officers, his name was often abbreviated using initials: E. T. Pollock.

As a young ensign, Pollock served on board the USS New York during the Spanish-American War. After the war, he gradually rose through the ranks and served on many ships, including doing important research into wireless communication. In 1917, less than a week before the United States entered World War I, he won a race against a fellow officer to be the one to officially receive the U.S. Virgin Islands from the Danish and serve as the territory's first acting-governor. During the war, he was promoted to captain and successfully transferred 60,000 American soldiers to France, for which he was awarded a Navy Cross. Afterward, he was made the eighth Naval Governor of American Samoa and then the superintendent of the United States Naval Observatory, before retiring in 1927.

search engine submission
home business opportunity

chickengold92
President
President

Brownie Points : 270

Back to top Go down

Edwin Taylor Pollock Empty Re: Edwin Taylor Pollock

Post by chickengold92 Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 am

China (Manchuria), Estonia, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland began extracting shale oil in the early 20th century. However, crude oil discoveries in Texas during the 1920s and in the Middle East in the mid 20th century brought most oil shale industries to a halt.[6][7][8][9] In 1944, the US recommenced shale oil extraction as part of its Synthetic Liquid Fuels Program. These industries continued until oil prices fell sharply in the 1980s.[7][10][11] The last oil shale retort in the US, operated by Unocal Corporation, closed in 1991.[10][11] The US program was restarted in 2003, followed by a commercial leasing program in 2005 permitting the extraction of oil shale and oil sands on federal lands in accordance with the Energy Policy Act of 2005.[12]
As of 2010, shale oil extraction is in operation in Estonia, Brazil, and China.[13][14][15] Their industries produced about 1,165 million liters of shale oil during 2008.[16] Australia, the US, and Canada have tested shale oil extraction techniques via demonstration projects and are planning commercial implementation; Morocco and Jordan have announced their intent to do the same.[6][10][15][17][18][19] Only four technologies are in commercial use: Kiviter, Galoter, Fushun, and Petrosix.[14]

health insurance Indiana
nutrisystem coupons

chickengold92
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by chickengold92 Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:12 am

Silvertown is an industrialised district in the London Borough of Newham, named after Samuel Winkworth Silver's former rubber factory which opened in 1852, and now dominated by the Tate & Lyle sugar refinery. Another major local employer is the Loders and Nucoline plant at Cairn Mills, a traditional port oleo industry and formerly part of Unilever. This originally milled seeds but later concentrated on production of fats from palm kernel oil.

buying a company
moving estimates

chickengold92
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by chickengold92 Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:33 am

I saw You in a photograph
I saw You and You made me laugh
You couldn’t stop it goin’ on