Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni/Kai/Rei
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officer (armed forces)

Go down

Officer (armed forces) Empty Officer (armed forces)

Post by chickengold92 Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:28 am

An officer is a member of an armed force or in some cases uniformed service who holds a position of authority. Commissioned officers derive authority directly from a sovereign power and, as such, hold a commission charging them with the duties and responsibilities of a specific office or position. Commissioned officers are typically the only persons, in a military environment, able to act as the commanding officer (according to the most technical definition of the word) of a military unit.[1] A superior officer is an officer with a higher rank than another officer.

Non-commissioned officers (NCOs) in positions of authority can be said to have control or charge rather than command per se, although the use of the word "command" to describe any use of authority is widespread and often official.

Having officers is one requirement for combatant status under the laws of war, though these officers need not have obtained an official commission or warrant. In such case, those persons holding offices of responsibility within the organization are deemed to be the officers, and the presence of these officers connotes a level of organization sufficient to designate a group as being combatant.

search engine submission
home business opportunity

chickengold92
President
President

Brownie Points : 270

Back to top Go down

Officer (armed forces) Empty Re: Officer (armed forces)

Post by chickengold92 Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 am

China (Manchuria), Estonia, New Zealand, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland began extracting shale oil in the early 20th century. However, crude oil discoveries in Texas during the 1920s and in the Middle East in the mid 20th century brought most oil shale industries to a halt.[6][7][8][9] In 1944, the US recommenced shale oil extraction as part of its Synthetic Liquid Fuels Program. These industries continued until oil prices fell sharply in the 1980s.[7][10][11] The last oil shale retort in the US, operated by Unocal Corporation, closed in 1991.[10][11] The US program was restarted in 2003, followed by a commercial leasing program in 2005 permitting the extraction of oil shale and oil sands on federal lands in accordance with the Energy Policy Act of 2005.[12]
As of 2010, shale oil extraction is in operation in Estonia, Brazil, and China.[13][14][15] Their industries produced about 1,165 million liters of shale oil during 2008.[16] Australia, the US, and Canada have tested shale oil extraction techniques via demonstration projects and are planning commercial implementation; Morocco and Jordan have announced their intent to do the same.[6][10][15][17][18][19] Only four technologies are in commercial use: Kiviter, Galoter, Fushun, and Petrosix.[14]

health insurance Indiana
nutrisystem coupons

chickengold92
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by chickengold92 Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:11 am

Silvertown is an industrialised district in the London Borough of Newham, named after Samuel Winkworth Silver's former rubber factory which opened in 1852, and now dominated by the Tate & Lyle sugar refinery. Another major local employer is the Loders and Nucoline plant at Cairn Mills, a traditional port oleo industry and formerly part of Unilever. This originally milled seeds but later concentrated on production of fats from palm kernel oil.

buying a company
moving estimates

chickengold92
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by chickengold92 Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:32 am

I saw You in a photograph
I saw You and You made me laugh
You couldn’t stop it goin’ on
You know You couldn’t save the day
I hear You on the telephone
I feel You when I’m on my own
You couldn’t stop it goin’ on
You know You couldn’t save the day
Anyway... Yeah...

Loans With Bad Credit
online credit card processing

chickengold92
President
President

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down